April 21, 2011

Binge Buying

If you're thinking that I've been very 'kwai' on the shopping front of late because you didn't see any postings on new purchases, then sorry to burst your bubble!

I've spent a small fortune from March till now actually, the bulk in the last 2 weeks. Some of these items have arrived, some are on the way…I have conveniently forgotten my new year resolution to buy less dresses!

Here’s a summary of the recent purchases, all from eBay except for the diaper bag:

1) My love affair with Trina Turk continues with 3 items – a pair of pre-owned shorts at US$17, a new swim / cover-up tunic top at US$25 (too loose for me though it’s S), as well as a kimono dress I have been eyeing for several weeks for US$90...love the print!. The seller kept re-listing and lowering the prices by a bit each time but there were no takers. Is it wrong to buy something just because you feel sorry for it? In the end though, I bought from another seller who was offering it slightly lower than the other seller.




2) Next are 2 dresses from Ann Taylor. A Dutch Blue shift dress for US$26 that claimed to be in excellent pre-owned condition, however it had lots of yellow age stains when I received it, which was a disappointment. I did score this other sundress that was new for a steal at US$23 though! A tad loose, need to alter.



3) I am also a fan of dresses from London Times and bought a pre-owned polka dot dress for US$16 and a NWT sundress for US$40. Love this second dress, and it fit perfectly, just nice for a church wedding!



4) This next dress is from Elie Tahari, new without tags for US$60. A tad pricey I know, but Elie Tahari dresses retail in the hundreds range so relatively cheap in comparison. A perfect fit, useful pockets on the front and oh-so-silky lining…quality stuff!


5) The most expensive dress is this gently used DVF one-shoulder for US$147. I know, very expensive but I was taken by the print, very tribal and the owner had only worn it once or twice.


6) The cheapest dress is this kimono dress by Dina-be Francesca…never heard of this brand, think it’s a regular retail type label but at US$11 for a new dress, how to resist?


7) Here is a dress that may look familiar, I already have 2 versions of it. A silk made-in-China rip-off that cost me more than I care to mention, plus a cotton lycra knock-off from a Thai-based eBay seller. But I think I may have stumbled on the original. I never knew who made it till now, and came across this new Chetta B tunic dress during a random search on eBay for ¾ sleeve dresses. At US$35 and in my size too, I was determined to win the bid and was euphoric when I did…still waiting to receive it, hope it fits!


8) That’s 8 dresses so far, time for a romper. Liked the polka dot print and one-shoulderness, not too expensive at US$23.


9) And finally 2 Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. First is a medium NWT Pretty Nylon Tate tote in black multi-lace garden print, a steal at US$88, usual retail price is US$178 for this size. Second, I’ve been wanting a MBMJ diaper bag for a while but was waiting for the right print or colour to come along.

When I saw Shopbop was offering a US$50 discount for purchases above US$250, I decided to get this purple one at US$228, with free international shipping. Though I would have preferred something printed, I think the bright purple is fun too, Nat totally loves her new diaper bag!



Oh fiaks, I just summed up the total of the above purchases...ouch.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

I love the way you described the shopping spree. I even enjoyed your shopping!!

Blogger said...

Shop For Genuine Designer Handbags Online.