May 27, 2011

Ai Mien, not much mien!

Had lunch with Juliana today to catch up and discuss our upcoming holidays, we overlap in the same city for a day but I doubt we will meet.

We checked out Ai Mien, a Chinese restaurant at Capital Tower. I had all along thought it was a noodle bar, but their range of noodle dishes was limited, it’s more a regular Chinese restaurant.

We shared a deep fried tofu coated in salted egg yolk (yum!) and I had a wanton mee soup. It came in an asymmetrical bowl and looked like my soup was going to spill any minute.


There was a fire drill at our building in the afternoon, so I took the opportunity to scout for D&D d├ęcor with Phyllis.

Am kinda bummed I will miss the D&D after being ‘creative director’ plus cousin Alfred will be emceeing so it should be a real fun night. Phyllis and I went to Middle Road, Lavender and Chinatown, quite a productive trip.


On a sadder note, after we were done, I made my way to Sengkang to hitch a ride with Kannaki to attend Puni’s dad’s wake at Choa Chu Kang.

He passed away yesterday after suffering a massive stroke on Sunday. Sigh…my heart goes out to Puni and her family, she was pretty upset, understandably so. Times like these make you contemplate how fleeting life is and not to take family for granted, something I am constantly guilty of. Better do something about it.

Took the train home and Swana picked me up from Tiong Bahru MRT…yup, she passed her driving test this week and is now officially my second chauffeur!

No comments: