June 9, 2011

Next stop: Rome

It's finally here, our departure date for a whirlwind tour of Italy.

Am off on an Insight Vacations tour with Mummy, 10D Best of Italy where we will cover Rome, Venice, Florence, Sorrento and Assisi. Between me and Ma, I don't know who's blood pressure will shoot up first!


I have to thank Swana for stepping in to babysit the bubs while I babysit our mother! We promised to send her to Italy one day and today is that day, and since she had no kaki to go with, I am 'sacrificing' myself! Heh heh.

Thanks to Nick's staff discount, we got a pretty good deal on the tour and we used his miles for flights so we saved tons there too. We have one extra day before and after the tour which will be spent in Rome, I am nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous because I don't know what to expect, everyone's scaring me with tales of pickpockets and gypsies.

I just hope we get through the trip safely and uneventfully, I can't wait to hit H&M, Prada, Gucci, Fendi etc. There's also the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Vatican, Colosseum...so much history and art to cover and so little time! I am most looking forward to Sorrento and Capri, as well as Florence.

Time to finish up the packing, look out for updates!

No comments: