July 25, 2011

N is for...

...No Menu.

Wait, you must be thinking what happened to 'M'? Well the boy was in my neighbourhood today and suggested lunch at the last minute.

After deliberating on what to eat and as we walked down Boon Tat Street towards a Bak Kut Teh stall, he mentioned there was a nice Italian restaurant next door, having been brought there by an agent.

I didn't hesitate in suggesting we eat there as an alphabet date instead and swop M for N first because No Menu has been on my list of places to try since it opened, and the dope had beaten me to it unknowingly!




Run by the Forlino family, where the head chef who was behind Forlino and Osvaldo left his namesakes to open a new restaurant with his daughters, No Menu is a cosy little restaurant which actually has a menu but their speciality is an 8-course degustation menu.


We didn't have much time and opted for the ala carte instead. He had a minestrone soup and fettuccine with salami and pepperoncino (looked like mee pok!) and I opted for pumpkin soup and one of the daily specials, linguine with king prawns.




I forgot to ask how much it was, turned out to be a whopping $48 which I found a tad pricey for 2 large prawns and tomato pasta, though they were good prawns!


Before the soups arrived, we were served an amuse bouche of polenta with amatriciana sauce, have to admit it was seriously tasty and I wouldn't have minded a main course out of it.



I think we have to go back for the degustation menu to try more dishes but then I am quite picky about certain foods and am not sure if everything will be palatable to me...will save it for a special occasion!

No comments: