August 19, 2011

Eeny, meenie, miney, Tan

The presidential election campaign is in full swing and I’ve just received my voter card in the mail...how exciting. For the first time in 33 years, I get to vote for something in Singapore!

Conveniently for me, the polling station is just the next block!

There are 4 Tans to choose from, Tan Cheng Bock, Tony Tan, Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian. I have more or less decided on whom I’m voting for, I don’t think the campaigning will really change my mind although I have a back-up choice.

Posters have been hung up all around the island, just walking from my bus-stop to my office I get 3 candidate posters. But there aren’t that many Tan Cheng Bock ones, he has a different strategy and actually mailed a flyer to all eligible households.




I actually want my president to be ceremonial and custodial, am not looking for someone to challenge the government, plus the first lady has to look first lady-ish to me and only 2 qualify in my book!

Unfortunately the boy won't get to vote, he just left for the States this morning, lucky bum will be gallivanting around Arizona and the Grand Canyon!

No comments: