September 30, 2011

Jeju-ing (Day 7, Sep 30)

Just like that, a week has passed. Will be boarding for home soon, just chilling at Incheon now.

A fruitful day it's been. After stocking up on breakfast, me, Phyllis and Aunty Judy headed to the Yeomiji Botanical Garden to stop and smell the roses.



Except there weren't any roses, in fact hardly any flowers. Nothing spectacular, I think give me Botanics anyday. The highlight for me was the cactus display and a cute little Korean boy who looks like a future K-POP star in the making. So stylo!




Next door was the Cheonjeyeon Waterfall, so we made a pitstop there. Our driver Mr Won helped to take many pictures of us, he posed with me too, but stood a little too close for comfort. Kept calling me Cute Susumita!



He brought us to a local market next, we were still looking for dried tilefish but had not much luck at the market. Everything was either frozen or fresh, no vacuum packed ones.


But he tried one more place, a co-op run by Nonghyup in a small coastal town and we hit the jackpot there. I bought a couple of boxes and Phyllis bought lots of packets.

We then went back to the hotel to check out and pick up our bags before heading out again. Phil and the others opted to stay in for massages and shopping at Lotte whilst we ventured to Jeju Loveland for a laugh.

There are a few erotic museums and parks in Jeju and this was one of them, with lots of sculptures, some graphic, some subtle but after a while they all looked the same and I didn't find them that artistic.




Actually a lot of the attractions in Jeju just felt like tourist traps to me, very artificial, small and no value for money. I think it's better to stick to the natural attractions like the caves, craters, cliffs, mountains.

Before we headed to the airport, we made a quick detour to see Yongduam Rock, or Dragon Head Rock. It does sort of resemble a dragon's head but it was smaller than I anticipated. Barely had enough time to snap a couple of pictures before we rushed to the airport to catch our Asiana flight to Incheon.




There wasn't much time for duty free, I just grabbed a large navy Longchamp tote for the sake of buying something, only US$120. Came in handy as I repacked all the stuff me and Phil we hand-carrying.


And can you believe for 7 days I didn't have a proper Korean meal till dinner at the airport today? It was Western mostly at the hotel, had a couple of noodle dishes but they were udons. So me and Phil just had some bulgogi at a Korean restaurant in the airport. Bought some ginseng chicken to bring home...can't wait to see my bubs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi friends, how is everything, and what you desire to say concerning this
piece of writing, in my view its really remarkable
designed for me.

My blog post - appliance repair charleston rates