November 11, 2011

T is for...

... Tanjong Pagar.


Not my first choice but the boy was free for lunch so we just met at the hawker centre above the market. The tonkotsu ramen I wanted to eat had too long a queue.

He came in his Trafalgar shirt (that’s T!), and I deviated from my usual Lucky Wanton Mee to try prawn mee from a stall called The Old Stall. They had newspaper clippings and reviews plastered around the stall and I had high hopes but it turned out to be disappointment.



The broth was very ‘prawny’ and the prawns weren’t even fresh and a tad mushy.


Remind me never to eat at this stall again!

Nick was feeling flu-ish in the evening but had promised to bring the kids to Vivo for the giant Xmas tree, so I brought Nat instead. There were some elephant statues on parade which Nat and Gigi couldn’t keep their hands off.



We got to see the laser lights and fireworks on Sentosa, the girls were thrilled. I love fireworks!

By the way, it was the 11th of November 2011 today, hence 11/11/11. This kind of thing only happens once in a lifetime, next year it will be 12/12/12 and then there's no 13th month. But it just occurred to me my 10th wedding anniversary will be 1/3/13 and when Sasha turns 4, it will be 1/4/14...must buy 4-D on those dates!

No comments: