December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

If I thought last year's Christmas was quiet, this year was practically mute! Not that I'm complaining, sometimes it's nice to just chill and lay low.

We had Christmas eve dinner at Amah's house last night, Nick had requested for steamboat...such a Chinaman! But his wish was granted, maybe we'll have turkey for CNY reunion dinner! Aunty Lillian and Aunty Darrell joined in and we were quite stuffed by the end of the night.





The next door neighbour gave some clips to the girls, they are a family from India and have a little girl named Maji who is in between Nat and Sasha's ages. She's very friendly and cute and we gave her a little Xmas pressie in return.


After the kids slept, Nick and I exchanged our cards at midnight and opened our respective pressies. Funnily enough, our messages to each other were quite similar...it's been an up and down year, of course more good than bad but it's been a challenge trying to juggle work, the kids, their health, managing a household whilst maintaining a personal life AND a romantic life that sometimes we take each other for granted and I felt neglected at times, especially when he dragged his feet for our Alphabet Dates.

The kids frequent sicknesses in the second half of the year didn't help - tempers were frayed, snappish comments made, conflicting instructions led to some disagreements...we never used to argue till the kids came along! I know it won't be the end of it, we have very different styles when it comes to their rehabilitation but hopefully they fall sick less next year!

But at the end of the day, we know where we stand with each other and it's all good. I was pleasantly surprised with the gift he got me, a 3D/2N getaway to Penang for our anniversary next year, he actually made a reservation with a travel agent. Much better than the water dispenser I got last year! LOL!


I got him my traditional 3 pressies - a Ralph Lauren sweater vest, 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff' book and a Burberry tie I picked up in Hong Kong.




This morning we attended mass at Christ the King with Mildred, Ben and Wendy. Then popped by Amah's to feed the kids and eat some leftover steamboat before heading over to Applebee's for lunch proper with the Dopes, Ma and Aunty Ros, who's down from Malacca.




Nat and Gigi entertained with a 'popcorn' dance after I bought some from Candy Empire. Couldn't really eat lunch in peace, Sasha didn't sit still and Wendy was off but from the little I had, I found most dishes salty.


At night we had dinner with the Gomezs at Toh Yi. Nat and Gigi entertained again, dancing to You Tube videos on Ann's computer...Nat loves the Heineken ad song 'Golden Age' by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour and showed off how she dances to it. Aunty Diana made my favourite fish cutlets - I need to learn how to make them!





And that was how we spent Christmas this year. Quiet eh?

No comments: