December 5, 2011

Hong Kong Day 1 (5 Dec)

Woo hoo, my hope for another trip before the year ended was fulfilled. Here I am in Hong Kong where we have an event tomorrow evening, the RSVP kept jumping and my boss needed help...so, yay!

Took the morning flight and the departure was slightly delayed by 30 mins, there was a backlog of planes waiting to take off.



Flight was uneventful, and I took the airport express train to the city. I was a bit apprehensive about coming alone, am not familiar with Hong Kong and the last time I came was almost 6 years ago but it’s been really easy to get around.


Home for the next couple of nights is the Regal Hong Kong in Causeway Bay, all our corporate hotels were full. As soon as I checked in, I scooted out to IFC to check out the restaurant we have our event tomorrow. It’s surprisingly not that cold, I only need to wear a thick sweater.


Had the evening free and decided to skip the Star Ferry to Kowloon I had planned since the sky was cloudy and I wouldn’t be able to see the Sky Symphony show clearly.

Instead I went back to Causeway Bay in search of Sky Brilliant, a replica clothing wholesaler my friend frequents when she’s in Hong Kong. It happened to be just across my hotel but the range was limited and everything was dark and depressing since it was winter. I did spot one red dress and snapped it up, not cheap though at HKD 430.



Next I went in search of Hui Lau Shan to get my mango dessert fix. There was one down the road from the hotel and I took away some mango mochi and a mango sago drink, plus popped by McDonalds for some nuggets. Am here I am back in the room bumming. Yawn...


No comments: