January 6, 2012

Ladies Marmalade

Though it was a short work week for me, it was super hectic with a few late nights at work.

There is a Beijing office opening next week followed by a media briefing and originally, it was supposed to be a small thing but it’s turned into a major event.

Over the holidays, nothing much got done as people were on leave, and I wasn’t really involved till it was just decided this week that the costs would be covered from marketing’s budget hence we had to be more hands on.

The past couple of days we’ve been rushing to get everything organised together with our colleagues in China and because there are a couple of events in one day, my boss needed more help onsite and hence, I’m going to Beijing next week! Woo hoo!

Met JGR for dinner at Marmalade Pantry, ION, a belated Christmas gift exchange session. I hope they liked their pressies, I loved mine!




We shared a few mains namely, crabmeat linguine, Mexican chicken salad, club sandwich and a mushroom risotto. Food was okay, I wouldn’t say it was that great and I was rather disappointed by the sticky date pudding we shared for dessert. The PS CafĂ© one was better.






Jane is due really soon, probably a month to go. Her tummy is quite compact though.

After dinner, Rena, Jane and I shopped around for a bit in search of boots for me. Heard it’s cold in Beijing, sub-zero temperatures. I don’t think the winter stuff I have is sufficient especially footwear. They were scaring me about frostbite!



Couldn’t find a pair I liked that fit until I tried on a pair at Marks & Spencer, but it cost $160, even at 50% off. Will have a think about it tonight…

1 comment:

Swiedebie said...

Hope you have a nice time in Beijing. Your boots look cool! No worries about frostbites, you will not get it unless it is below -15. Wear thick ski socks and a full bodywarmer on the inside help alot. :)