March 26, 2012

Coffee shop French fare

Had to run an errand in Middle Road and met Joanne for lunch at Queen Street.

I had been meaning to try Le Cuisson, a French food stall in a coffee shop which I knew was in the area and I found it eventually. They had been featured in the papers some months ago and the owners are ex-chefs from DB Bistro at MBS.

Prices were a bit higher than I expected, Joanne had a steak for $18 and I had a tomato soup for $5 and a mushroom pasta for $8. The steak was a big portion and the sauce and pomme puree was delicious. Best pureed potatoes I've had in recent times and would go back just for it!




The pasta was a little bland, there was a poached egg served on top but a little undercooked for my liking. The soup was nice and creamy, and had some texture to it because of parmesan bits and tomato seeds. I would go back to try the other dishes, the menu changes often enough. But the coffeeshop was really warm with poor ventilation so note to self, wear sleeveless next time!

No comments: