March 30, 2012

F is for...

...Friday night at Fat Boys.



I’d heard some rave reviews for this burger joint and designated it for our F date, opting to check out their Joo Chiat outlet with the boy after work. I swung by his office first, to visit Joanne too and we gave her a lift home before heading to Joo Chiat.

I opted for the Wimpy burger comprising a beef patty, bacon, fried egg and cheddar cheese. Ordered some chilli and caramelized onions on the side and was worried I wouldn’t be able to finish my burger, but I did.


Actually, I didn’t find it that great, pretty basic and the bacon was hard. It came with a side of fries and an old lettuce leaf and slice of tomato. I think I much prefer the Miss Piggy burger from Berg’s and will try to drag the boy there one day.



I would go back again though to try the other items on the menu like the fish and chips, and macaroni and cheese. They have kids meals so maybe can go for lunch after an East Coast morning.

After dinner I managed to persuade the boy to drive to Aljunied in search of a Phoon Huat outlet, I was on the hunt for fresh vanilla beans. We got a little lost and gave up as it approached the store's closing time, only for me to realise on the way home that we were soooo near, I had walked in the wrong direction when I got off the car!

No comments: