March 22, 2012

Restaurant Week: Brasserie les Saveurs

Restaurant week continued with another lunch today, this time at Brasserie Les Saveurs at St Regis with Rachel. I took the afternoon off work so I could window shop in Orchard after.

The restaurant is pretty and a glance at the a la carte menu made me appreciate the Restaurant Week set lunch price. It was very quiet though, could hear a pin drop!




To start with, they served an amuse bouche of cold tomato soup. For my appetizer, I had the wild mushroom veloute, croutons and chive cream. What was different about the soup was that it came served ‘dry’ with just the mushroom bits, croutons and cream. Then the waiter poured the soup in for show.




I chose the oven-baked red snapper, confit of capsicum, Parma ham and herbs coulis. The snapper was a little undercooked for my liking and a tad fishy and I didn’t feel the parma ham went with it so I was a little disappointed with the dish. Rachel had a vegetarian pasta that was quite plain, more worth it to the get meat dishes I guess.



Dessert was a simple fruit salad and scoop of lemon sorbet…I think I make a better fruit salad! Rachel had a chocolate mousse trio.




After lunch I walked from Tanglin to Plaza Singapore, popping in and out of stores and fitting rooms. I was on my feet for a good 5 hours and am very pleased with my loot!


No comments: