October 13, 2012

Latteria Lunch

My restaurant week indulgence ended yesterday with a final lunch at Latteria Mozzarella Bar on Duxton Hill. I had a reservation elsewhere originally but was sold on Latteria after reading the reviews and changed my booking.

Went with Wai Leng, Boon Huat, Cheryl and Wee Ngee and the 5 of us had an excellent meal I must say, really good value for money. For sure I’m going to put on weight after this week…the diet starts next Monday!

The $25 menu comprised 4 items and portions were generous. I loved, loved, loved the starter of crab and straciatella cheese salad with roast zucchini. They didn’t stinge on the crab, the cheese was light and the roasted zucchini and balsamic sauce went well with the whole thing.

The second course was a smoked scamorza and Porcini mushroom risotto. The Arborio rice was al dente and the portion was almost as big as a main.
For my actual main, I went with the tiger prawns with chick pea cream, while the rest had the beef sirloin which they served medium rare, which I wouldn’t have been able to deal with. The prawns were firm and there were quite a few, but I was full by this point so luckily there was no accompanying starch dish.
Dessert was a lemon pannacotta with balsamic strawberries. The pannacotta had a zing from the lemon and was smooth and creamy. Yum!
Had a glance at the ala carte menu, in comparison, the restaurant week price seemed like a bargain so I would come back here again during Restaurant Week.

Cheryl and I both happened to wear kimono tops yesterday, so we just had to take a picture. We found out through FB that my former colleague Caren from SingTel is her cousin and we’ve arranged to have dinner end of the month. Small world eh? Add that on to Wee Ngee who’s brother David is ex-SES.
At the end of the work day, we held a small farewell party for Boon Huat, our ex-MD. He was a really good leader, and whipped the region into shape during the 3plus years he was around and I will miss his ‘zhai-ness’. There was drinks at the Bank Bar downstairs too, and I had me a couple of vodka bitter lemons.
Nick and the kids came to fetch me and after the kids fell asleep I was out the door to No.5 to meet the gang. Kaelash and Jean were in town after having an anniversary dinner and John’s birthday is approaching so it was an excuse to togok!
 
 
 
Stayed till closing time, was wide awake thanks to the lunchtime coffee I had at Latteria!

No comments: