October 27, 2012

The great outdoors

I bought a Groupon voucher for outdoor photography shoot a while ago and had to reschedule twice because of mine and Nick’s travels but finally redeemed it today.

It only cost $12 for 5 edited shots and 90mins so I figured I had nothing much to lose, plus to get all the raw footage was another $68 so a heck of a lot cheaper than using a studio and paying outdoor location fee.

Our meeting point was Hort Park, but unfortunately most of the playground was barricaded for renovations. Still plenty of background options and we were assigned a photographer named Wendy, from one of the many freelancers gathered.

Everyone had different cameras and Wendy’s looked pretty simple, no fancy extra lenses or anything and I think they do a lot of post-processing so I’m a bit apprehensive about how the photos will turn out.

Nat was a bit more co-operative in posing, while it was hard to get Sasha to look at the lens. The hot sunny weather didn’t help either, and after 5 mins the kids were melting, so was Nick!
 
 
 
We took numerous breaks, and changed the kids’ outfits a couple of times. I can’t wait to receive the final shots!

After the session ended, we went to check out the butterfly atrium, only open every last Saturday of the month. Didn’t see the big butterflies we spotted last time but managed to get a couple of close-ups.
On our way out, we saw a praying mantis…looks like an alien doesn’t it?
We also came across a bridal fashion shoot, which got Nat all excited. She’s so into weddings and brides!
Lunch was at City Hall, then back home, Sasha loosened up for my camera and we both cam-whored after her nap.


When Nick brought Nat back from Chinese class, he had a treat for me. A box of apom berkuah from Glory…it’s been ages! Apparently Kevin spotted it and thought of me, how sweet. They stopped selling for quite a while, I’m glad it’s back! 

No comments: