December 25, 2012

X is for...

...Xmas eve and Xin Wang Café.

The boy went to work for his office celebrations while I stayed home with the kids all day. In the afternoon I whipped up a tiramisu for tomorrow’s family lunch, so it could set overnight.
Made a simple dinner of bolognaise and an apple crumble for dessert. First time attempting the crumble, I liked my crust and everything actually came together really well, except I used green apples and they were super sour so the end result was not to my liking. Will stick with red apples in future!
For supper, the boy and I ventured to Xin Wang Hong Kong Café at Tiong Bahru Plaza, was in the mood for instant noodles with luncheon meat but the noodle texture was disappointing. It was an eat and dash affair, I didn’t want to usher in Christmas in the restaurant but the clock struck midnight in the car on the way home. 
Upon reaching home, I gave the boy his Christmas presents, this year it was a polka dot navy tie from TM Lewin, a snow globe and tickets to the Journey concert in March. I wasn’t expecting anything in return since the Mulberry bag was supposed to be several presents in one, but he still got me a Kenneth Cole watch. Cool design! 

No comments: