March 30, 2013

Sasha makes a splash!

The pumpkin had a small birthday party today to welcome her terrific 3s!

After the last Hard Rock staycation, she requested to celebrate her birthday at Hard Rock (kids nowadays!) and this mummy tried to oblige.

I had initially reserved the Kids Amaze at Toa Payoh but when she mentioned Hard Rock, I looked at booking a room on the RWS website and they were sold out on the Good Friday weekend, and rates before and after were hovering at $640++ per night! Sheesh!

Tried my luck and asked Baba to check availability on his end as he’s a RWS member too and surprisingly there were rooms available for him to redeem with his points, and in the end I only paid $135 nett! Good deal eh?
On top of booking a room, I found out the cabanas around the pool could be rented for a min spend of $350++ on F&B, so the idea of a Dora-themed pool party took shape. As they only take about 10-12 adults, I decided to keep things small with just the UpperWatsAppers (UWA) chat group and their spawn.


It was a full house attendance from the UWA, even little Jai made it. 


The cabana comes with a semi-private pool that connects to the main pool. The kids had fun cooling off in the water, it’s been so hot of late. But Sasha needed a lot of persuading to be carried in.

Ordered an assortment of food from the Rock Bar but as the Dora theme was decided on only at the last minute, I didn’t manage to score many decorations and refused to spend S$11 on 8 paperplates when I can get them online for US$2! I did buy the kids floral wristlets to give it a tropical touch.

As the cabana was too cramped, and there was a beer special of $150 for 3 buckets that entitled you to use a cabana, we opened up the one next door too.
After their showers they had dinner and most of the kids wore their floral print dresses from Bali. Then it was piñata-time and the vultures descended on the treats as soon as they spilled out.
We next cut the blueberry vanilla sponge cake sponsored by her Godma and then it was free and easy time before I gave out the goodie bags as people started departing. There was a small fireworks display at RWS which I told Sasha I arranged specially for her! 


Kenny, Flea, Sarah and John stayed on and joined us to watch the crane dance on the waterfront, very short love story about the mechanical birds, which scared the birthday girl. 

Back at the hotel, there was a band in the lobby singing Alicia Key’s ‘New York’ and Sasha started swaying and twirling to the music, this girl sure likes Alicia Keys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off I would like to say fantastic blog!
I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear
your mind prior to writing. I've had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Appreciate it!

Here is my web page :: Heidelberg Kindergeburtstag

Anonymous said...

Wonԁerful site you have hеre but
I was curious if yοu knew of any usеr dіѕcuѕsіon forums that cover the
same topiсs discussed herе? Ι'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Also visit my blog post: augenlasern