May 16, 2013

Ramen King

Followed my colleague to Orchard during lunch time today and while she ran an errand, I wandered to Laduree to try me some macarons.

At $3.80 a pop, they are pricey but I had to see what all the fuss was about since there was no queue on a weekday. Laduree is a French patissier renowned for their macarons…I did see them in London but opted to try a Pierre Herme one instead.

The verdict? Nice crunch but they started melting when I got back to the office so best to keep refrigerated. But honestly, they taste like all other macarons out there.
Had a quick dinner with Nick at the Ramen Keisuke Tori King in Amara, he says if I hadn’t dragged him there, he would never venture to such a place. Our table was very cramped, they like to put a lot of condiments and cutlery on the small space.
The ramen was good, the chicken was especially tender but after a while the soup started getting very salty, so note to self, opt for less salt in future.
When we got home, Gigi was dressed in her Doughworkz apron and chef’s hat. She and Nat had an excursion today where they got to make their own pizzas and she was so proud of her uniform!

No comments: