May 24, 2013

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...

I have seriously got to stop buying dresses! Did a spot of spring cleaning this morning to sort my dresses and even after setting aside about 40 I don’t want anymore, plus not counting maternity clothes and whatever’s in the laundry or due for alteration and dry cleaning, I still have about 180 dresses! It’s a disease I tell you!
Me and the kids stayed home all day since Nick is not around and Geraldine was off. Swana and Gigi spent the day at Chai Chee and in the evening they all came over, together with Kaelash, Jeanette, Kavi and the kids.
I had decided to experiment with homemade pizza today inspired by Nat and Gigi’s recent excursion to Doughworkz and the older girls helped to make their own dinner. It was my first time making pizza dough, found a simple enough recipe online and the crust turned out tasting, well, like pizza!
We used mushroom, zucchini and bacon for toppings and prosciutto for the last batch, made 4 trays in total to feed all the adults. Very pleased for a first attempt, I didn’t get a thin crispy crust till the last tray, I think the trick is not to stretch the dough all the way to the edges.
Everything was baked for 10-12 mins at the highest oven setting, in my case 225 degrees celcius and I used the black tray base instead of the grill rack to rest my tray on to ensure everything is at maximum heat.

No comments: