June 19, 2013

Surprise Shower

Last night felt like ‘The Last Supper’, I think it will be my last late night out for a while! Had dinner at Different Tastes in Siglap with the ‘UpperWatsappers’ chat group, followed by drinks next door at Quarubar.

I remember Different Tastes back in the day when they had an outlet at Cathay Building and SES was based there and since discovering they are still around in Siglap and Pasir Ris, I have been wanting to check them out.

Food was still good and reasonably priced. There were 12 of us and it was less than $20 per head. Almost everyone had a dessert too, their sago gula melaka was quite shiok.
 
 
 
 
Germaine made an appearance during dinner to deliver coconut candy from Glory she had purchased for me earlier in the day and Ajen brought my requested Pret A Manger brownies from London…such nice friends I have. 
The reason we all gathered in the east though was because the ladies of the group threw me and Swana a surprise baby shower at Caryn’s shop, Hands + Feet Studio before dinner. 
We had plans to meet there to pamper ourselves, something that was arranged quite impromptuly after Caryn had advertised a peppermint leg scrub a few days ago. But behind our backs, Vim, Flea, Kavi and Jeanette turned it into a shower and our treatments were on them. 
Plus Vim, the party planner extraordinaire even brought nibbles like nuts, a sparkling moscato, balloons for me and Swana and a gift too. So sweet.
I badly needed a pedicure, seeing as I could not reach my feet anymore to DIY my nails and I also did a 1hr pre-natal foot reflexology massage, and at the last minute added a manicure. So it was 2 hours of pampering and gossip, what a lovely way to spend an evening!

No comments: