November 22, 2013

England (Day 3, 21 Nov 2013)

I'm an award-winning chef! Well not quite chef, but we had a team building/cooking session after today's meeting and my team won! It was all a bit kalang-kabut with the clock counting down and a case of too many cooks spoil the broth but for some reason we got the most points and impressed the judges! 
We had to prepare 3 canapes, a main course and a dessert from the ingredients available as well as do table setting and serve one of the other teams. I volunteered for the dessert team and we had a sticky date pudding recipe to follow, so we didn't need to be too creative. 
 
 
 
 
There was a mad rush for ingredients, weighing scales and equipment and some conflicts to manage as people disagreed on how to do things, but that was one of the points of the exercise...to see how we work as a team. 

There were a lot of opinionated people and so I decided to let them lead but there was a part where I stood my ground on the cutlery setting, correcting someone's arrangement and I told them to trust me, I went to hospitality school! Had to Google an article to prove my point!
 
 
 
I didn't really get a chance to taste much of the food though, was busy checking and plating our dessert and my food kept getting cleared. 

During breaks in the meeting, I popped out to snap some shots of the property...typical English countryside! 
 
 
 
 

No comments: