November 9, 2007

Deepavali 2007

This year's Deepavali was pretty low key, didn't go anywhere except the folks' house for dinner. Spent the whole day at home, tidying up and lazing about.

I made breakfast for us, I swear Nick has it good! There was a cheese, tomato and mushroom omelette, grilled tomato, sausauges, baked beans and toast...we were so full after that that we had a late lunch at 4pm! I wore a new dress, one of my online purchases...felt very Mediterranean.


We went over to the folks' after our 'lunch' and then he left to pick up his mum and run an errand with Swana. It was on his way out of the estate that Pedro got into a little fender bender...his first accident.

Some oncoming Toyota Wish was driving down the middle of a two-way street and didn't stop in time and hit Pedro's bumper. The driver and his passengers were all distracted looking up at some shophouse units, nobody paid attention to the road and then 'bang'! Luckily Nick had stopped, but couldn't horn in time and luckily I wasn't in the car, although it was a low impact thing.

Nobody told me about the accident until Swana got back and I told her, Nick's first thought would have probably been, "F**k, am gonna get a Volvo after this!"...and I was right! He said as he was exchanging particulars with the other driver, he was thinking of continental cars...ha ha.

Anyway, poor Pedro needs to go for a little nip/tuck....

No comments: