Singapore plays host to the inaugural Youth Olympic Games from tomorrow to 26 August and for the past few days, the YOG flame has been making its way around our island. I was hoping to catch a glimpse and got my wish when the flame went around Shenton Way this evening, and past the office building.
I went downstairs alone and next to me were a bunch of Deloitte supporters and down the road the gang from DBS, both are corporate sponsors. There was a party atmosphere in the middle of the road, other workers were wondering what was going on.
Soon enough a parade of sorts arrived with open top buses, traffic escorts and runners and I managed to click a couple of shots from my phone.


The entourage made a loop at Anson Road and came down Robinson Road thereafter so I crossed over to watch from there too. So exciting, shall try to catch some of the sporting action 'live' if possible!

On the not so bright side, I popped by TTSH to visit Uncle Jaya during lunch. Unbeknown to me, the doctors had just before I arrived declared there was not much hope and to start informing the family, hence I was among the first from our side to show up. There was a pastor who come to pray and those of us present said our goodbyes. Uncle Jaya was struggling for breath and unconscious so it's just the waiting game now. Sigh...
I went downstairs alone and next to me were a bunch of Deloitte supporters and down the road the gang from DBS, both are corporate sponsors. There was a party atmosphere in the middle of the road, other workers were wondering what was going on.
Soon enough a parade of sorts arrived with open top buses, traffic escorts and runners and I managed to click a couple of shots from my phone.
The entourage made a loop at Anson Road and came down Robinson Road thereafter so I crossed over to watch from there too. So exciting, shall try to catch some of the sporting action 'live' if possible!
On the not so bright side, I popped by TTSH to visit Uncle Jaya during lunch. Unbeknown to me, the doctors had just before I arrived declared there was not much hope and to start informing the family, hence I was among the first from our side to show up. There was a pastor who come to pray and those of us present said our goodbyes. Uncle Jaya was struggling for breath and unconscious so it's just the waiting game now. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment