February 26, 2006

Who am I?



I think you can gather from the page colour scheme and its title that I loooooove pink! My friends christened me Hot Pink Chick a few years ago, when my wardrobe, accessories and to a certain extent, desk décor, reflected my favourite colour. Hot pink is such a happy colour, reminiscent of summer (not that we get summer here!) but it’s vibrant, girly and makes me happy!

My real name is Susmita, it means the ‘smiling one’ in Sanskrit. Born to an Indian Malaccan Chitty father and a Chinese Peranakan mother, I’m proud of my mixed heritage. Being ‘Chindian’, I get to enjoy the best of both worlds – double the cultures and festivals, double the cuisine and I think my life is so much richer for it. That's me on the right in the photo above.

I work for a major telecommunications company in the marcoms department, I LOVE travelling, jewellery, shoes (got over 100 pairs), bags, clothes and make-up and I’m married to my best friend, who thinks nothing of indulging his wife’s quest in hunting down the best food on the island, at the expense of our waistlines!

No comments: