June 6, 2008

Another Witch walks down the aisle...

...and I missed half of it! Vig! Why did you have to hold your wedding on a weekday morning at 9 am???

Yes, I was very late for Vig's wedding to Mohan this morning. I had full intentions of getting there at 9 am, but Nat woke up at 5.30 am so when the alarm finally rang at 7.45 am I clicked on snooze as I was a little zombified. I only jumped out of bed at 8.22 am when Ma called me on the mobile!

However I must state I was ready by 9 am, despite having to put on a sari...it was Nick who was slow in getting ready. In the end, we left Nat at home because Nick knew he would end up babysitting her while I kaypoh-ed on stage.


When we reached Perumal temple, the individual rituals were already over and the bride was about to come out for part 2. I managed to say hi to her in the dressing room, before finding a spot on the wedding dais. Vig's bridal sari was really elaborate and she looked gorgeous! She and Mohan went through the motions and before you know it, he was tying the thali and we were throwing rice and the ceremony is over!


I don't know if it's me or what, but weddings these days seem to be getting shorter...but being late didn't help. By 10.30 am it was all done. Saw some mutual acquaintances, Nick even bumped into Rai of Jack and Rai / EIC fame. Apparently he's a family friend from the groom's side.


Brunch was catered from Komala's, food was good. But we didn't stay long as Nick had a meeting at 12.30 pm, so we said our goodbyes and left quietly. I wish I could have tagged along for the post-wedding bits but alas, duty called and I had to go home and relieve Ma from babysitting because today is also the day Aunty Sarda moves in to Papa's house and she was needed there.

In fact, am headed there now with the Dopes....talk later.

No comments: