Today was Nickypoo's birthday but it being Good Friday, he had to fast so there was no feasting. We woke up real early and headed to Vivo for breakfast. There weren't much options at 9.45 am so we settled on Long John Silver's.


I had a big fish set, which comprised thick toast layered with fish fillet, cheese and omelette. It was not bad, but I think I still prefer the KFC breakfasts, which we've been having the last 2 weeks. In my opinion it tastes better than McDonalds. Toasted twister...mmmm.
In keeping with the agreement not to exchange gifts this year, I got him nothing! Except a card. However, he did receive 3 items from Old Navy, courtesy of Nat. How she managed to shop online beats me! :-)

Had an impromptu mini-party over dinner, Nick was in fish mode so me and Swana whipped up a baked tuna pasta that we used to do when we were teenagers. We'd been talking about making this again one day so we used Nick's breaking of fast as an excuse. Swana brought cake too, and Pops and Aunty Sarda came by.


Ben and Wendy managed to reach in time too before we cut the cake, they had been running errands in town and I persuaded them to come over at the last minute, Nick was surprised to see them.
I'm glad his birthday didn't turn out to be a total non-event, hope he had fun!



I had a big fish set, which comprised thick toast layered with fish fillet, cheese and omelette. It was not bad, but I think I still prefer the KFC breakfasts, which we've been having the last 2 weeks. In my opinion it tastes better than McDonalds. Toasted twister...mmmm.
In keeping with the agreement not to exchange gifts this year, I got him nothing! Except a card. However, he did receive 3 items from Old Navy, courtesy of Nat. How she managed to shop online beats me! :-)
Had an impromptu mini-party over dinner, Nick was in fish mode so me and Swana whipped up a baked tuna pasta that we used to do when we were teenagers. We'd been talking about making this again one day so we used Nick's breaking of fast as an excuse. Swana brought cake too, and Pops and Aunty Sarda came by.
Ben and Wendy managed to reach in time too before we cut the cake, they had been running errands in town and I persuaded them to come over at the last minute, Nick was surprised to see them.
I'm glad his birthday didn't turn out to be a total non-event, hope he had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment