July 20, 2009

Nonya kueh weekend

I've had an overdose of coconut and gula melaka this weekend thanks to the preparation done for an office event. You see, once a month, volunteers prepare savoury or sweet items according to a set theme and sell the food to our colleagues in order to raise funds for our adopted charity. This month's theme was Nonya kueh and guess who decided to be kaypoh and volunteer?

And so the last few days, under Ma's supervision and help, we made kueh dadar, kueh wajid and pulut inti. The wajid and dadar were 1st time experiments but turned out pretty well but in the end I only made the wajid and pulut inti for sale this morning. Everyone was fascinated with the blue colour of the pulut and more than a few enquired about the pretty pink baskets I displayed my fare in. They were my only purchase from Bali 3 years ago!



Will post the recipes soon but don't ask me about measurements because everything was done through 'aggaration', so I can only tell you what goes into the dish, but we didn't actually get to measure specific quantities.

Today is Ben's birthday, but we had a mini-celebration for him last night at his house.


On Saturday, we finally ventured to Chili's at Tanglin Mall, had been meaning to go since I found out it was back and as usual over-ordered. Portions are big-ass and I found some things a little too salty but the strawberry lemonade was yum, and so was the mesquite chicken salad.


1 comment:

miss ene said...

I love the way you presented the "goods" for sale. Makes it very appealing.

Guess it takes a shopper to know what shoppers look for? ;)