September 16, 2009

European goodies

Swana and Kevin arrived back on Monday and I couldn't wait to go over to Membina after work. Mummy asked, "You coming to see your sister or your stuff?", and I was like, "Of course my stuff lah!"

Nat benefited the most, Aunty Nana having bought her 6 tops and a Little Mermaid star-shaped bowl. She gave us a couple of magnets, Nick got a cap, and I got 2 tops in addition to a Fendi chef bag I requested her to buy.





Since they were going to be in Amsterdam, I ordered some stuff from my friend Shef's online shop called Swiedebie to be mailed locally, as Shef is based in Holland. She makes really cute sock monsters and other handmade gifts, and I bought a one-of-a-kind ski sock monster named Jorgo, that came with a drawing and description of his personality. And there was this tiny mouse-shaped pin cushion named Rosie that I couldn't resist because it was in a pink floral rose print, and Shef threw in a matching keychain named Josie...cool!



Nat decided she wanted to feed herself her dinner last night, Indian style with her hands. While she can feed herself biscuits and cereal and small-sized chunks of food, we've continued to spoon-feed her her proper meals because it was just to messy on her own but yesterday I allowed her to make a complete mess, because she was actually hungry and stuffing her face with gusto.



It was nice to see her relishing her food, instead of the constant struggle everyday trying to coax her to have one more spoonful. Mildred who had been staying with us the past couple of days seemed appalled with the mess, but maybe subconsciously I allowed it, to spite her since she let Nat watch Hi-Five on TV despite knowing we don't let her watch TV? Hmmm...

There was a really bad haze yesterday, the smell of burnt wood in the air was strong and visibility was poor. Hazy days are back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many goodies! I love the clothes. Thanks for featuring Jorgo and friends here. ;) Cheers! Shef