The pumpkin is a month old today and my, how she's grown! My new name for her is Natzilla, she's put on more than 1kg since birth! I always knew she was going to be a fatty at the rate I was eating all the unhealthy stuff during pregnancy.
We had plans to celebrate her 1 month this weekend and introduce her to our friends and family but Nick had a travel fair so we're doing it next week instead.


To me she looks the size of a 3 month old, I don't remember Nat growing this fast when she was this age. She's outgrown the co-sleeper we use as a bed, Gigi used it up to 3mths but Natasha only a month. She wriggles so much that she slides down and dangles her feet over the edge. We caught her in the nick of time one early morning when we woke up to feed her.

Mummy keeps calling her 'Shasha', which irks me. Some others call her 'Sasha' or 'Tasha' or 'Tash'. Am still not used to calling her Natasha, I think we picked the wrong name! She looks like a Nicolette to me!
She's been a very easy baby, hardly fusses or cries except when gassy or extremely hungry. In the middle of the night, she will go 'eh, eh, eh' and pant for quite a while when she wants milk and only when it's slow in coming, will she cry out loud...otherwise we hardly hear her voice. She grunts quite a bit though. I give her a last feed at about 12 or 1 am, and then the next one around 4 am and thereafter 7am. So consider it only having to wake up once in the middle of the night?
She drinks an average of 75mls per feed, about 7 times a day. She can lift her head off my chest when on her tummy, pretty strong neck muscles. She likes being carried or rocked to sleep, forget about just leaving her on the bed to fall asleep on her own, she refuses to and then gets very agitated when she can't sleep. Which then makes her feel like sucking something but am not going to start her on the pacifier, so the rocking chair is my friend.

She hasn't pooped in a couple of days and her father is panicking. I assured him it was completely normal but he doesn't believe me and is ready to bring her to the doctor anytime. He also thinks she's super airy and jumps at any opportunity to put 'yu yee' oil on her, it's his solution for everything. I prefer to squeeze her legs to her chest or try burping some more.
She appeared to be one of 2% of babies who suffer from breast milk jaundice, her bilirubin levels were very slow in going down because of the booby milk. It's not harmful but just means it takes a much longer time to return to normal, like up to 12 weeks. But I didn't want to keep subjecting her to the blood tests and before her last 2 tests, put her on full formula for 36 hours which helped in reducing the bilirubin count drastically.
The expressing has really helped in bringing down my weight, am back to pre-pregnancy weight and Mildred is paranoid that there is something wrong with me. She keeps urging me to eat more, thinks I look pale (duh! no make up at home!), thinks Pumpkin is too yellow and head uneven (she keeps rubbing), and she's just like her son - panicking over the lack of poop.
I've caught Natasha actually laughing a couple of times in her sleep, she has a dimple on her left cheek but I think she has single eyelids. When her eyes are closed, she looks a lot like Nat's baby photos, except the eyes are different and she's a lot broader. Everyone says she looks like Nick, I agree...but then again, that's what they all said about Nat when she arrived. Her face will change anyway in the coming months, it doesn't matter who she looks like.


Nat just loves her to bits, constantly kissing her and wanting to lie down next to her. It's really sweet but I have to keep reminding her to do things gently because she presses down on Natasha too hard most of time. Can't believe I'm a mother of 2!


We had plans to celebrate her 1 month this weekend and introduce her to our friends and family but Nick had a travel fair so we're doing it next week instead.
To me she looks the size of a 3 month old, I don't remember Nat growing this fast when she was this age. She's outgrown the co-sleeper we use as a bed, Gigi used it up to 3mths but Natasha only a month. She wriggles so much that she slides down and dangles her feet over the edge. We caught her in the nick of time one early morning when we woke up to feed her.
Mummy keeps calling her 'Shasha', which irks me. Some others call her 'Sasha' or 'Tasha' or 'Tash'. Am still not used to calling her Natasha, I think we picked the wrong name! She looks like a Nicolette to me!
She's been a very easy baby, hardly fusses or cries except when gassy or extremely hungry. In the middle of the night, she will go 'eh, eh, eh' and pant for quite a while when she wants milk and only when it's slow in coming, will she cry out loud...otherwise we hardly hear her voice. She grunts quite a bit though. I give her a last feed at about 12 or 1 am, and then the next one around 4 am and thereafter 7am. So consider it only having to wake up once in the middle of the night?
She drinks an average of 75mls per feed, about 7 times a day. She can lift her head off my chest when on her tummy, pretty strong neck muscles. She likes being carried or rocked to sleep, forget about just leaving her on the bed to fall asleep on her own, she refuses to and then gets very agitated when she can't sleep. Which then makes her feel like sucking something but am not going to start her on the pacifier, so the rocking chair is my friend.
She hasn't pooped in a couple of days and her father is panicking. I assured him it was completely normal but he doesn't believe me and is ready to bring her to the doctor anytime. He also thinks she's super airy and jumps at any opportunity to put 'yu yee' oil on her, it's his solution for everything. I prefer to squeeze her legs to her chest or try burping some more.
She appeared to be one of 2% of babies who suffer from breast milk jaundice, her bilirubin levels were very slow in going down because of the booby milk. It's not harmful but just means it takes a much longer time to return to normal, like up to 12 weeks. But I didn't want to keep subjecting her to the blood tests and before her last 2 tests, put her on full formula for 36 hours which helped in reducing the bilirubin count drastically.
The expressing has really helped in bringing down my weight, am back to pre-pregnancy weight and Mildred is paranoid that there is something wrong with me. She keeps urging me to eat more, thinks I look pale (duh! no make up at home!), thinks Pumpkin is too yellow and head uneven (she keeps rubbing), and she's just like her son - panicking over the lack of poop.
I've caught Natasha actually laughing a couple of times in her sleep, she has a dimple on her left cheek but I think she has single eyelids. When her eyes are closed, she looks a lot like Nat's baby photos, except the eyes are different and she's a lot broader. Everyone says she looks like Nick, I agree...but then again, that's what they all said about Nat when she arrived. Her face will change anyway in the coming months, it doesn't matter who she looks like.
Nat just loves her to bits, constantly kissing her and wanting to lie down next to her. It's really sweet but I have to keep reminding her to do things gently because she presses down on Natasha too hard most of time. Can't believe I'm a mother of 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment