May 8, 2010

Welcome to the world Natasha!

We threw Natasha a "Welcome to the world" party today at the Han's outlet near Nick's office. Originally we had planned to do a 1 month party last weekend but Nick and his colleagues had a NATAS fair to attend hence the slight delay.

We had considered booking the cafe at Lion City hotel which serves a Peranakan buffet but found the area too dodgy, and the other alternative was a casual restaurant in Sin Ming but Nick didn't like the attitude of the owner. Just when we had decided to hold the party at home, Nick tried asking the Han's and the menu was very reasonable ($15 nett), so we went with it.

I used pictures from Natasha's newborn shoot to design 3 invites but Nick and Swana didn't approve of any of them because they felt the baby was too exposed! They are paranoid! I liked the 3rd one...




This was the final approved invite:


We were anticipating about 60 pax including kids and even though there were a number of no-shows, the area we booked was full and the food ran out towards the end. Ordered balloons through Aunty Joyce and she helped to print Natasha's name on them and even provided animal walkers for the kids in attendance.




I ordered cupcakes from the same place as Nat's welcome party but was a little disappointed this time as the colour scheme I had requested was not really adhered to, plus some of the Nutella-filling cupcakes were missing the filling.



I didn't get a chance to take much photos, had to mingle and was in a daze most of the time! Before you know it, the party's over.





Some of the cousins adjourned to Membina but I was stuck at home. Met up with them later though at Kavi's house. We brought our own McDonald's dinner but Kavi had ordered a huge pizza from Picotin Express, it was 21 inches wide!

No comments: