October 4, 2010

The bubbas are 32 and 25 months

Only 4 more months till Nat turns 3, yikes, how time flies.

Off and on this past month, she continues to be pretty clingy and cranky, I put it down to teething because she’s got her fingers in her mouth each time she cries and whines.




Since Gigi came back from Australia, she’s been wanting to go herself. I asked her one weekend where she would like to go that day. Expecting the usual “Vivocity’ or ‘Suntec’, she actually requested for ‘Australia!’. Also, I asked her what she would like to be when she grows up.

Me: Nat, do you want to be a doctor?
Nat: No.
Me: A teacher?
Nat: Noooo…
Me: A pilot?
Nat: No. I want to be Natalie.

And then another day, when we were talking about trips, I offered to buy her a bag. Nick told her, “Tell Mummy you don’t need a bag and not to waste money.” She turned to me and waved her finger and said, “You cannot waste money OK?”.

Kids these days!


Nat is really into her Hi-5, imitating their actions all the time. She’s been pirouetting around the house, rolling towels and singing, “Sushi Roll” and balancing on one foot. She also jumps around a lot, making progress and actually covering some distance.


She doesn’t wake up very often for milk in the middle of the night, well, not with me anyway but with Nick she will still manja. We’ve settled into a bedtime routine of milk, brushing teeth, followed by 2 stories and lights out.


She negotiates how many stories, will ask for 5 and I will say 1 and we’ll agree on 2. She associates the number of stories with her age, saying, “I am 2 years old, so 2 stories!”. And it’s the same old stories every night, especially The Gingerbread Man or Teddy Small Behave Yourself.

She’s decided her favourite colour is blue, while Gigi’s is yellow. The two of them play masak masak all the time, making us ‘coffee’. They are better at feeding themselves and Sasha loves it when Nat plays with her and makes her laugh.



Since turning 2, Gigi has changed a little bit, turning into a little ‘yahya papaya’. Think she’s chuffed she’s a big girl now, and behaving like it, cleaning up her toys when asked etc. She got even sassier after her haircut!



She can jump off the ground and parrots Nat occasionally. She has so many teeth now, all coming out at the same time. Still facing pooping issues, holding it in for 2-3 days out of fear.



She terrorizes Nat by waving toys in her face and saying, "Mosquito, mosquito". I have no idea why Nat is scared of that, especially when sometimes Gigi is waving a stuffed dolphin! When they fight or she pinches Nat, Nat will try to control her tears while telling Gigi to go face the wall.

I wish they could remain this age forever!

No comments: