December 19, 2007

Me and the maggot

I don't seem to be having any luck with insects these past couple of weeks.

Recently, we discovered the presence of booklice on our walls at home. Though pretty much harmless, they were nonetheless a nuisance and we spent one whole night disinfecting our walls. For some reason, they like new paint or new houses, cos' Swana's colleague had a more severe infestation at his new house not long ago.

Living near the sea doesn't help, what with the damp walls that attract invisible mould...just gotta keep wiping the walls with Dettol every now and then and monitor I guess. I had fun using Post-It tape to get the little buggers off the wall though! Here is one of the little suckers...they are quite tiny!


But booklice wasn't the end of it. Last week, I was eating takeaway tow-huay from Rochor Beancurd and bit into a baby roach. I didn't freak out or anything, but wondered why my dessert was crunchy! Am not permanently put off Rochor Beancurd though...will still patronise cos' their tow-huay is the softest!

And just yesterday, I had another unpleasant dining experience when Nick pointed out maggots in the mutton soup my mum had taken away for us from Mr Teh Tarik Cartel at Tiong Bahru Plaza. She had bought it for us in case we came back hungry from our Krabi flight but we didn't eat it till the next day. I had spotted something floating in the soup, but thought they were towgay roots until Nick who was eating my leftovers scooped them aside. Gross!


No comments: