December 26, 2007

A Spottiswoode Christmas Dinner

We hosted our first proper dinner party at Spottiswoode on Christmas Eve this year. Managed to get our dining chairs in time and had our immediate families over for dinner.

We had roast turkey, roast lamb, honey baked ham, soup, salad, chicken curry, rice, mashed potatoes, log cake and a macaroon tree! Because I'm not so mobile these days, food was mainly ordered from Bakerzin or required very little preparation. The only things I actually had to make was the lamb, ham and mashed potatoes, plus heat the soup up. The turkey and desserts were courtesy of Bakerzin, while Swana contributed the salad and my mum the curry.

Dinner went well, save for the nosebleed I suffered midway! That freaked some of the elders out until I explained it was normal in pregnancy because of increased blood flow and bursting blood vessels...my third one so far!

I opened some of my presents that night, and made Nick open some of his. My pressie from him this year was the Krabi trip, and as per my tradition, I got him 3 gifts again - a book called, "So you're gonna be a dad", some polo tees from Giordano and the top pressie was a Sony Ericsson K530i mobile phone...hope he liked it!









No comments: