I knew it was too good to be true, it was just the calm before the storm. While I breezed through the first and second trimesters without any adverse symptoms like morning sickness etc, the third trimester is turning out to be a party pooper.
Up till early last week, I was still feeling fine and dandy and then now it's all going downhill. Can't sleep, can't eat and can't breathe!
The occasional bout of breathlessness of the past is nothing compared to the constricting feeling these days of not getting enough air. The slightest task leaves me winded and forget about climbing overhead bridges! And then there are the palpitations!
Over the last weekend, I hardly got any sleep thanks to a potent combination of oily and gassy food. Had gastric pains and abdominal cramps for a couple of days and couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position. I can't lie flat on my back and can't flip from side to side too fast and by the time I wake up from lying on my side all night, my shoulder blades are tense and the back aches.
And acid reflux has decided to put in an appearance. I had read about it and wondered what it felt like...be careful what you wish for, cos' I am now getting a first hand account! Am so afraid to eat because food feels like it's stuck in my chest and about to come back out through my mouth. And I need to learn how to burp on demand!
I just puked out my breakfast and last night's tow huay during lunch at my favourite beef noodle stall! Luckily Nick was around and I had a plastic bag from purchasing a baby dress before lunch, it came in handy - of course Nick removed the dress from the bag first!
But it wasn't a pretty sight and I ruined one of Nick's hankies in the process. I hope the noodle stall patrons weren't too traumatized, thank goodness I was sitting in the back and could make a quick exit to the loo through the storeroom! I felt much better after puking though, and went on to eat a plate of chicken rice!
This couldn't have happened at a worse time cos' tonight we are flying off to Krabi, hope nothing much happens there...I am so looking forward to the break, plus there are 14 of us, guaranteed lots of fun. Shall have to keep the oily pad thais and spicy tom yums to a minimum!
Up till early last week, I was still feeling fine and dandy and then now it's all going downhill. Can't sleep, can't eat and can't breathe!
The occasional bout of breathlessness of the past is nothing compared to the constricting feeling these days of not getting enough air. The slightest task leaves me winded and forget about climbing overhead bridges! And then there are the palpitations!
Over the last weekend, I hardly got any sleep thanks to a potent combination of oily and gassy food. Had gastric pains and abdominal cramps for a couple of days and couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position. I can't lie flat on my back and can't flip from side to side too fast and by the time I wake up from lying on my side all night, my shoulder blades are tense and the back aches.
And acid reflux has decided to put in an appearance. I had read about it and wondered what it felt like...be careful what you wish for, cos' I am now getting a first hand account! Am so afraid to eat because food feels like it's stuck in my chest and about to come back out through my mouth. And I need to learn how to burp on demand!
I just puked out my breakfast and last night's tow huay during lunch at my favourite beef noodle stall! Luckily Nick was around and I had a plastic bag from purchasing a baby dress before lunch, it came in handy - of course Nick removed the dress from the bag first!
But it wasn't a pretty sight and I ruined one of Nick's hankies in the process. I hope the noodle stall patrons weren't too traumatized, thank goodness I was sitting in the back and could make a quick exit to the loo through the storeroom! I felt much better after puking though, and went on to eat a plate of chicken rice!
This couldn't have happened at a worse time cos' tonight we are flying off to Krabi, hope nothing much happens there...I am so looking forward to the break, plus there are 14 of us, guaranteed lots of fun. Shall have to keep the oily pad thais and spicy tom yums to a minimum!
No comments:
Post a Comment