Last Sunday was Aunty Lee Eng's 50th birthday and though I was still technically confined, I went for the lunch my uncle organised anyway...it's not everyday I get to attend an aunt's 50th birthday party!
Nya Nya had booked a private room at a restaurant called Yan Palace at Hong Lim Complex, so Nick kindly offered to stay home with Nat while I pigged out. We didn't want to bring her along cos' she's still a bit fragile and lunch was a karaoke affair, the music would have been too loud for her. Everyone was asking where the baby was though!
I think I did all the confinement taboos that day...didn't cover myself up, drank a cold orange juice, ate prawns and had 2 slices of ice cream cake! Thank god Mummy didn't make a fuss, the ice cream and juice tasted soooooo good after all the longan tea I've been drinking!
Found out that day that Aunty Lee Eng had appendicitis two weeks prior and was actually hospitalised and had her appendix removed, her Changi Hospital experience didn't sound so good though. Lucky we live near SGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment