A lot of people have been asking whether we are celebrating Natalie's 1st month...and the answer is 'No'. She's 23 days old today and will be a month next Tuesday. I know to the Chinese, the first month celebration is a big deal and I read somewhere that the custom started a long time ago in China when infant mortality rates used to be really high, hence when a baby crossed the 1st month, they had a higher chance of survival and that was cause for celebration.
Me and Nick are not so traditional and we really can't see ourselves as the eggs and ang ku kueh types. But we know we have to do something, especially to appease the older folks so we'll figure out something else to distribute to them. Plus as Nat is due for baptism real soon, we thought we would celebrate that instead of having a 1 month party. Chances are she'll be baptised at St Teresa's on Easter Sunday and we'll have brunch either at the church or our place after that.
This Saturday happens to be me and Nick's 5th wedding anniversary but with the NATAS fair taking place this weekend and me still confined, it looks like it's gonna be a non-event. Yesterday I watched snippets of our wedding video, gosh, we looked so young and I was probably 10kgs lighter. Some of Nick's SHATEC classmates who put up the skit at our wedding dinner were over on Sunday night, everyone's put on weight since!
I loved my evening gown but I don't think I'll ever be able to fit into it again, will save it for Nutty, provided it doesn't discolour in the years to come. She can wear it when she takes part in Ms Universe 2028, ha ha! It'll probably be too short for her though, everyone says she's gonna be tall since she appears to have long limbs and fingers...
No comments:
Post a Comment