For dinner, I made reservations for both of us at The Buffet at M Hotel. He had mentioned in passing wanting to try the steamboat there one day so I thought of surprising him on his birthday. Just after I had made the reservation yesterday morning, he sent me an sms saying he felt like eating some hotel buffet. Such coincidental timing!
Anyway, the buffet was pretty good. I had felt like steamboat for some time but was picky about location and cleanliness. Didn't want some coffeeshop type. The spread was pretty good and there was even live drunken prawns and chicken rice. The durian pengat in the dessert section was also yummy - as good as, if not better than the one at Ellenborough Market at Merchant Court. Methinks me shall be going back there soon!
Not long after we got home, we had a surprise visit from the babes and dopes i.e. Kavi, Siva, Kevin and Swana. They were like birthday carollers, standing at the gate singing 'Happy Birthday' before we opened the door. Actually, they had an ulterior motive in coming over. Our combined Old Navy purchases had arrived yesterday afternoon and they couldn't wait to see their things. Am so tempted to order more!
Last Sunday, we celebrated his birthday in advance with his family. The MIL bought cake and Ben and Wendy came over for dinner. On the eve of his birthday, we had dinner again, this time with Swana, Kevin and Ma at Jack's Place, Great World City. The MIL popped by that afternoon so she joined us for dinner too.
I went back to work this week, feels like I never left! There was not that much to handover and the boss was away most of this week so I took leave today to prepare for tomorrow's party. Still have 14 days maternity leave to clear...
No comments:
Post a Comment