April 2, 2008

It was a lovely sunset

Sunsets are peaceful yet dramatic, and for me is one of my favourite parts of the day. Just looking at one calms me and I think the colours are more vivid and intense compared to sunrises, which are nice too...Unfortunately I'm not awake early enough to appreciate those!

Last Thursday, there was brilliant sunset which I caught from my balcony. Shades of vermillion, orange, yellow and red against mid-level altocumulus clouds. And as dusk settled, the lights from the buildings and cars glowed and the Church of St Teresa resembled the Sacre Coeur in Paris.

One of the reasons why I love my house is because I get an unblocked view of the sun setting. I think as the years pass I'm gonna end up taking endless sunset pictures, but here are some of the ones I took last Thursday...wasn't it a lovely sunset?




No comments: