Arrived in Ho Chi Minh earlier today, this time my travelling companion was Mummy. She hadn't been on a plane in 6 years and after more than a year of babysitting, treated herself to a trip over the long Hari Raya weekend.
Since it was a public holiday, the son-in-laws were available to send us to the airport. Nat and Gigi were oblivious that grandma was going away, and grandma regularly sent my blood pressure up by asking inane questions and dilly-dallying at the airport. She brought her blood pressure monitor but I joked that I would need it more!

We didn't have much time for duty free, and once on the plane I had to help Ma with her Krisflyer control. I managed to watch 500 Days of Summer but had to fast forward bits of the ending in order to finish the movie before the over-eager air crew took our headsets away.

As soon as we landed, we hit the tailor's since it was right next to the airport. Unloaded 2 bagfuls of materials between me and Ma and collected another bagful of ready clothes which my colleague had kindly helped bring up to HCM earlier in the week.
Thereafter, we headed to Joanne's, managed to direct the taxi driver and not to get lost. She and her parents were getting ready to go out, so after dumping our bags and a quick change, we were off to town to change money and hit the shops at Saigon Square. Had to do a baby drop at Sheraton first, Joanne's MIL was babysitting so she could join us.


Bought a fair bit at Saigon Square...am thankful No.2 is a girl, so much easier to shop! Bought a couple of things for myself but mainly for the babies. Baby clothes were 5 bucks on average. Ma was useless at converting Vietnamese dong to Sing dollars, I had to keep calculating and paying on her behalf.
After a couple of hours it was time to make our way back to Sheraton to collect the baby, then head down to Ashima Mushroom Hot Pot for dinner. It's sort of like a mushroom steamboat and Tarek met us there. It was not too bad but I don't think I'll be eating mushrooms for a while...overdosed!

Here are day 1's purchases...



Since it was a public holiday, the son-in-laws were available to send us to the airport. Nat and Gigi were oblivious that grandma was going away, and grandma regularly sent my blood pressure up by asking inane questions and dilly-dallying at the airport. She brought her blood pressure monitor but I joked that I would need it more!

We didn't have much time for duty free, and once on the plane I had to help Ma with her Krisflyer control. I managed to watch 500 Days of Summer but had to fast forward bits of the ending in order to finish the movie before the over-eager air crew took our headsets away.

As soon as we landed, we hit the tailor's since it was right next to the airport. Unloaded 2 bagfuls of materials between me and Ma and collected another bagful of ready clothes which my colleague had kindly helped bring up to HCM earlier in the week.
Thereafter, we headed to Joanne's, managed to direct the taxi driver and not to get lost. She and her parents were getting ready to go out, so after dumping our bags and a quick change, we were off to town to change money and hit the shops at Saigon Square. Had to do a baby drop at Sheraton first, Joanne's MIL was babysitting so she could join us.


Bought a fair bit at Saigon Square...am thankful No.2 is a girl, so much easier to shop! Bought a couple of things for myself but mainly for the babies. Baby clothes were 5 bucks on average. Ma was useless at converting Vietnamese dong to Sing dollars, I had to keep calculating and paying on her behalf.
After a couple of hours it was time to make our way back to Sheraton to collect the baby, then head down to Ashima Mushroom Hot Pot for dinner. It's sort of like a mushroom steamboat and Tarek met us there. It was not too bad but I don't think I'll be eating mushrooms for a while...overdosed!

Here are day 1's purchases...



No comments:
Post a Comment