Day 2 and after a quick lunch at home, Joanne's parent's who had arrived a week earlier left for Singapore. Snapped some pix of Rayhan and then left to explore Ben Thanh market.


Ma went bonkers at the array of goods, she was tempted to buy all the dried fish, nuts, accessories, fruits, tablecloths...but I held her back. In the end we bought mainly materials and embroidered tablecloths. She also picked up some lacquer photo frames. I was melting in the stuffy market and kept whining to Ma to take a break, but she who had taken her glucosamine pills was like an Energizer bunny!

We finally plonked ourselves at a Pho 2000 where I ordered the yummy beef ragout and Ma had pho ga, plus we shared springrolls.

Once done, we walked to Pham Ngu Lao, the backpacker's district to help my friend pick up some dresses from another tailor. Unfortunately only 1 piece was ready so we headed back to town to change more money and shop at Parksons. I was dead on my feet already, so Ma mostly explored the household section on her own while I indulged at the food court.
We bought stuff at the supermarket and tookaway some rolls and salad before coming back to Joanne's place for dinner.

Initially we had planned to eat out but Tarek is feeling under the weather so the maid cooked instead. Didn't buy much today except for some fabrics.




Ma went bonkers at the array of goods, she was tempted to buy all the dried fish, nuts, accessories, fruits, tablecloths...but I held her back. In the end we bought mainly materials and embroidered tablecloths. She also picked up some lacquer photo frames. I was melting in the stuffy market and kept whining to Ma to take a break, but she who had taken her glucosamine pills was like an Energizer bunny!

We finally plonked ourselves at a Pho 2000 where I ordered the yummy beef ragout and Ma had pho ga, plus we shared springrolls.

Once done, we walked to Pham Ngu Lao, the backpacker's district to help my friend pick up some dresses from another tailor. Unfortunately only 1 piece was ready so we headed back to town to change more money and shop at Parksons. I was dead on my feet already, so Ma mostly explored the household section on her own while I indulged at the food court.
We bought stuff at the supermarket and tookaway some rolls and salad before coming back to Joanne's place for dinner.

Initially we had planned to eat out but Tarek is feeling under the weather so the maid cooked instead. Didn't buy much today except for some fabrics.


No comments:
Post a Comment