Joanne, Tarek and Rayhan are in town and we caught up for breakfast yesterday at Casa Verde at Botanical Gardens. Susan and Adri joined in too, and Nat met Ray for the first time.



Nat was shy as usual, taking a while to warm up but she stroked Ray's head when prompted. Couldn't really indulge in much conversation when one has to keep an eye on a restless toddler, but Nick was on hand to distract her with the waterfalls and dogs.
After breakfast, we took a stroll around one of the ponds, Joanne had never been to Botanics. It was a hot morning but not too crowded, Nat also showed off her old lady walk.


Jane, Albert and Ethan swung by to meet Joanne and Rayhan too...Ethan and Ray are only about 5 weeks apart. Ethan was very bald the last time I saw him in Dec, but his hair has grown back remarkably fast!

Nat received lots of pressies from Aunty Susan, Aunty Joanne and Aunty Jane...more clothes, woo hoo! Thanks ladies!
In the evening we went to AMK for the reunion dinner, the usual steamboat where there was a tonne of leftovers. Ben made 'sio bak', it was tasty but had lost some of its crispiness en route to AMK. Played some cards after, lost $2...who said pregnant women were lucky?


Had a slight tug of war with Mildred who wanted to let Nat have a Mentos just after dinner. I kept insisting 'no' and she kept insisting 'yes', even Ben, Wendy and Nick reiterated 'no' and finally she gave up, sighing loudly. Already closed one eye when Mildred was plying Nat with fish crackers and belinjau crackers, plus Nat had tried some almond jelly.
We had a movie to catch and I hope I didn't upset her, but I just didn't want Nat to have a sweet before bedtime which might give her a sugar rush, or any sweets for that matter for as long as I can help it!
As it were, Nat only fell asleep at 10.15pm and thereafter we rushed to Vivo to meet 6 other couples for 'Valentine's Day' the movie. My shoe broke as I alighted the car, walked around barefoot for a bit but then we tried asking the Coffee Bean for some tape and Nick managed to secure my broken strap temporarily...my hero!



The 14 of us watching the movie were - Bernard/Rachel; Swana/Kevin; Nick/Me; Kenny/Felina; Jeanette/Kaelash; Kavitah/Siva and Pinky/Kumar. Movie was alright, 'Love Actually' was better though.
Nat was shy as usual, taking a while to warm up but she stroked Ray's head when prompted. Couldn't really indulge in much conversation when one has to keep an eye on a restless toddler, but Nick was on hand to distract her with the waterfalls and dogs.
After breakfast, we took a stroll around one of the ponds, Joanne had never been to Botanics. It was a hot morning but not too crowded, Nat also showed off her old lady walk.
Jane, Albert and Ethan swung by to meet Joanne and Rayhan too...Ethan and Ray are only about 5 weeks apart. Ethan was very bald the last time I saw him in Dec, but his hair has grown back remarkably fast!
Nat received lots of pressies from Aunty Susan, Aunty Joanne and Aunty Jane...more clothes, woo hoo! Thanks ladies!
In the evening we went to AMK for the reunion dinner, the usual steamboat where there was a tonne of leftovers. Ben made 'sio bak', it was tasty but had lost some of its crispiness en route to AMK. Played some cards after, lost $2...who said pregnant women were lucky?
Had a slight tug of war with Mildred who wanted to let Nat have a Mentos just after dinner. I kept insisting 'no' and she kept insisting 'yes', even Ben, Wendy and Nick reiterated 'no' and finally she gave up, sighing loudly. Already closed one eye when Mildred was plying Nat with fish crackers and belinjau crackers, plus Nat had tried some almond jelly.
We had a movie to catch and I hope I didn't upset her, but I just didn't want Nat to have a sweet before bedtime which might give her a sugar rush, or any sweets for that matter for as long as I can help it!
As it were, Nat only fell asleep at 10.15pm and thereafter we rushed to Vivo to meet 6 other couples for 'Valentine's Day' the movie. My shoe broke as I alighted the car, walked around barefoot for a bit but then we tried asking the Coffee Bean for some tape and Nick managed to secure my broken strap temporarily...my hero!
The 14 of us watching the movie were - Bernard/Rachel; Swana/Kevin; Nick/Me; Kenny/Felina; Jeanette/Kaelash; Kavitah/Siva and Pinky/Kumar. Movie was alright, 'Love Actually' was better though.
No comments:
Post a Comment