February 5, 2010

Sesame Street comes to Spottiswoode!

We had a small Sesame Street-themed birthday party for Nat at home today, for the extended family including our parents' siblings and some cousins.



As far as themes go, I didn't go all out but there were enough touches here and there to make it a little obvious. Started with the invitation, and I found some partyware at a store in Raffles City. Couldn't bring myself to pay over a dollar per paper plate or napkin so opted for just party bags, party hats, some tattoos and a tablecloth.






I printed some character posters and stuck them along the walls at home and we ordered an Elmo cake from Polar.






Dinner was catered from Sabaidee, the Thai restaurant we sometimes go at Tiong Bahru. That went down well, everyone loved the food. It was really value for money too, considering the menu comprised of 8 items plus drink and dessert. There was mango salad, tom yam soup, seafood fried rice, mixed vegetables, stuffed chicken wings, prawn cakes, dry prawn curry, sliced fish with mango, red ruby and lime juice. The red rubies were huge like marbles!




I hope Nat had fun, it was mostly adults but Riley, Ananya, Gigi and Isabelle were around. Don't think we'll have a similar bash for her 3rd birthday, will focus on Nike's 1st birthday next year instead.


Selena brought me my new Marc by Marc Jacobs tote I had bought through her brother / my cousin. So pleased! Plus the other day I received a Kate Spade bag purchased online which I have declared to Nick is his anniversary present to me. Am not allowed to buy any more bags for the next 2 months...well, except for another MJ tote in a different colour and a Le Sportsac diaper bag I'm eyeing on eBay. Hee hee!




Oooh, and there's a chance Nick might go Greece again in May. Though he offered to let me tag along, it would be almost impossible for me leave Nike so soon after her arrival. But he's volunteered to shop on my behalf so I'll just draw up a list instead!

No comments: