Joanne's back in town for a bit and last night we had dinner and dessert with Elsie and her friend Emily.


We were supposed to check out Overeasy at One Fullerton but were too late in making reservations and when we got there it was pretty full. Decided to walk towards Fullerton Bay Hotel and Customs House but ended up at Harry's @ The Sail. Shared some mains and then decided to have dessert elsewhere.
I suggested Ricciotti at China Square and they were game to walk. I was still peckish and ordered calamari, plus we shared warm chocolate cake and tiramisu. I also had 2 scoops of gelato! We had fun checking out the cute waiter, and making fun of Elsie who was besotted with the pretty Filipino waitress, plus took blur photos of us, thanks to the protective backing still attached to her iPhone4!
In between we posed with Joanne's and Emily's Chanel classic flap bags, and Joanne tried playing some games on Emily's iPhone.


There was this application with a cat that repeated everything you say in a squeaky voice, and that was hilarious because Joanne said the funniest things which the cat repeated that had us rolling in our chairs. Plus she was so tickled that she did her legendary squeal, something I hadn't heard in a looooong time!
The restaurant closed rather early and as the night was still young, I dragged them to Chinatown in hopes of finding a pasar malam but there was none open. So we took photos with a lantern display at Pagoda Street, then went in search of somewhere to have drinks.

Stumbled upon a bar called Hood along Keong Saik Road, drawn in by the live acoustic music. The band playing was Ngak and Victor, sometimes seen at Timbre so the music was pretty good and best bit was there was no service charge, plus I could practically walk home! It was a pleasant way to cap off the evening and I think I might go back there again, drag the boy and Dopes.
Am off to meet Joanne again, this time with the bubbas at East Coast!
We were supposed to check out Overeasy at One Fullerton but were too late in making reservations and when we got there it was pretty full. Decided to walk towards Fullerton Bay Hotel and Customs House but ended up at Harry's @ The Sail. Shared some mains and then decided to have dessert elsewhere.
I suggested Ricciotti at China Square and they were game to walk. I was still peckish and ordered calamari, plus we shared warm chocolate cake and tiramisu. I also had 2 scoops of gelato! We had fun checking out the cute waiter, and making fun of Elsie who was besotted with the pretty Filipino waitress, plus took blur photos of us, thanks to the protective backing still attached to her iPhone4!
In between we posed with Joanne's and Emily's Chanel classic flap bags, and Joanne tried playing some games on Emily's iPhone.
There was this application with a cat that repeated everything you say in a squeaky voice, and that was hilarious because Joanne said the funniest things which the cat repeated that had us rolling in our chairs. Plus she was so tickled that she did her legendary squeal, something I hadn't heard in a looooong time!
The restaurant closed rather early and as the night was still young, I dragged them to Chinatown in hopes of finding a pasar malam but there was none open. So we took photos with a lantern display at Pagoda Street, then went in search of somewhere to have drinks.
Stumbled upon a bar called Hood along Keong Saik Road, drawn in by the live acoustic music. The band playing was Ngak and Victor, sometimes seen at Timbre so the music was pretty good and best bit was there was no service charge, plus I could practically walk home! It was a pleasant way to cap off the evening and I think I might go back there again, drag the boy and Dopes.
Am off to meet Joanne again, this time with the bubbas at East Coast!
No comments:
Post a Comment