September 24, 2010

Sweetest Thing

U2 are one of those legendary bands that one dreams of seeing 'live' once in a lifetime, and my dream looks set to come true.

It's taken some whining, pleading and an offer to pay Nick and Nat's airfare but the wheels are in motion to catch the biggest band in the world in Perth this December.


It all started 3 weeks ago when I found out they were touring Australia, Kieran had booked tickets right in front of Swana on their day of departure from Perth and I saw a friend's Facebook status mention something about seeing Bono in December.

After finding out the details, I tried to convince Swana to go but she wasn't keen, having just come back from Perth. Then I tried to convince Nick to go for our first family holiday with Nat, but he was having none of it. Didn't help that tickets were sold out almost immediately, so I gave up on the idea but told Nick if I found a 'kaki' to go with, I would just go for a couple of days.

Then last week, the Gomezs had a change of heart after finding out the Nadens and Nathans were going and that tickets could still be booked. Swayed by the notion of an adult holiday with lots of wine tasting sessions at Margaret River, Swana got online Thursday night and managed to book four concert tickets with the official ticketing agent.

On Saturday I booked our flights. Nick was persuaded to make Perth Nat's first holiday after I offered to pay for their flights, while he gets everything else. He's not going for the concert by the way, opting to babysit Nat.

The concert tickets arrived today and I just made reservations for our accommodation. Hotels are pretty full during that period, not to mention expensive, so instead of roughing it out in 3-star hotels, decided on a service apartment called Medina Executive Barrack Plaza, located in the CBD.



Aside from us, I know of a few other people going i.e. Elsie, Germaine, Colin & Debra...a quarter of the audience will be Singaporean! Plus a couple of friends are catching the Melbourne show.

I CAN"T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO SEE U2!!! SWEET!!

3 comments:

miss ene said...

I'm sooooooo jealous! Watching U2 live in concert is also on my list of things to do before I die. Take loads of pictures ok?

*still very jealous*

PS. You know Debra and Colin! Debra was my sec school classmates. Small world....

hotpinkchick said...

Hey, I still have a spare ticket trying to sell if you want to tag along! ha ha.

I know Debra and Colin through Nick - he and Colin are good friends from St Gabes. Although back in my exhibition days, I used to sometimes work with Colin's uncle who publishes a magazine...oh, and Colin's uncle in Perth is married to my dad's cousin! Small world indeed!

miss ene said...

Oh wow. Small world indeed - everyone's related in one way or the other!

Hmm...that extra ticket sounds oh-so-tempting but I think the air ticket price will kill me. Maybe I can squeeze into your (large) luggage? Heh.