September 10, 2010

Wedding at the marina

Siva’s middle brother Nantha registered his marriage to Bhavani earlier this evening at Raffles Marina, I hitched a ride with Swana and Kevin since Nick didn’t want to spread his germs.

Squeezed into one of my all-time favourite dresses, something I had not worn in 9 years since Nick proposed. It was a little snug but I figured I’d better wear it one last time before I start piling on the fats again.


Judy has shed more of her pregnancy weight, and Vim was looking radiant at 6mths.



The ROM was supposed to have taken place out on the lawn and the couple to arrive via boat, however rain in the afternoon dampened their plans and the ceremony was moved indoors to the lobby. The bride still arrived by boat though, along with an entourage of 7 bridesmaids.




A bit anti-climatic since there was a 5 min gap between the groom making his appearance indoors, and then some guests moved outdoors to await the arrival of the bride. Once she arrived, everyone went back indoors before she and the bridesmaids, plus 7 flower girls walked down the aisle.

The official presiding over the ceremony was a little long-winded, the bunch of us i.e. Vim, Ajen, Swana, Kevin, Jalen, Judy, Kenny, Felina, Sarah, Kaelash, Vinod, Pinky and Kumar hung out at the sofas.

Soon enough, the ballroom was opened for dinner. While the couple went to change, people were invited to partake in the buffet. I put so much on my plate out of laziness to go several rounds, couldn’t see much of my rice! Food was good but by the time the majority of guests had finished eating, the couple had still not arrived.


When they finally did, they did the requisite champagne pouring and cake cutting and from there on, it was more than 1 hour of story-sharing by friends and family of the couple, hosted by Siva. He wore a very shiny suit by the way!




The highlight was when some of Nantha’s friends performed Tamil interpretations of English songs, in an acoustic rock style, now that was quite cool.

No comments: