Natalie is squirming in my tummy as I type, sometimes I can feel a limb 'swimming' across or sticking out from the side of my stomach...really reminds me of Aliens the movie, like at any moment, something will just pop out of my middle section! My belly button is stretched to the limit, I don't know how it can possibly stretch some more. It's getting to the point now where I can't wait to offload the cargo, wish the belly button could function like an eject button. Just press and out baby comes!
With only 5 weeks or so left, am cramming all my social activities and meeting up with different groups of friends after work. Joanne's in town and last week we met up to get her evening gown done and on Thursday I had dinner with Adrienne. Friday, I caught up with my Sports Council ex-colleagues plus some from the Alumni, and we had dinner at Amirah's Grill in Pahang Street, then adjourned to Timbre @ The Arts House for drinks.
That was the start of my Timbre-ish weekend, because the following day, Nick, me, Swana and Kevin went to Timbre @ Substation for dinner. We were joined by our niece Anjali who's also in town, and as the evening progressed we added more friends to our table.
Later in the evening, Nick firmed up a footie session for the next day, so all the guys were psyched. We managed to sleep in on Sunday a little, having attended mass the day before and I even made Nickypoo paint my toes before we left the house, I can't reach them anymore!
The Timbre-ish weekend continued because the co-owners Danny and Edward were among the footie players at the indoor courts at East Coast. Caryn, Edward's gal was there too and so was Winnie, Kavitah and Swana so us WAGS left the boys to play and cooled off at Burger King with Winnie's two tots, Mikey and Madison before checking out the beach.
It was a lovely weekend, not sure how many more of these I will get to enjoy. Am off to meet Joanne, Adri and Susan for dinner this evening and tomorrow, am meeting Joanne again along with the other bridesmaids. Wednesday is dinner with Jane, Germaine and Rena and Thursday is dinner with some SingTel folks! Phew, I hope all this running around doesn't bump up my due date!
BTW, the cot and playpen were delivered last Saturday too, the house is starting to resemble a children's department! And we've finally packed our respective hospital kits too, so from now till 19 Feb, we are ready should Nutty decide to surprise us early!
No comments:
Post a Comment