October 16, 2008

Lady in Red

Jane and Albert's wedding festivities continued last night with the hosting of the dinner banquet. Me and Rena got to Sheraton before 5 pm and went up to suite 1807 where some of their relatives were already assembled and in various stages of getting dressed.

Jane looked pretty calm as we went through some of the music I shortlisted for their walk-ins, first course presentation etc. In the end we went with "From This Moment" for the first walk-in, "A Little Less Conversation" for the first course, "I Wanna Grow Old With You" for 2nd walk-in and "I'm Yours" for champagne pouring.

Between 5 -6.45 pm, we shuttled between the suite and ballroom, checking on the set-up and testing the music. The theme colours for the night were red and black, and the table settings and floral arrangements all reflected this. Coincidentally, Rena, Germaine and I also wore complementary outfits in black & white.


We hung out in the suite taking pictures until it was time for Jane to make her way down. There was the usual montage of photos shown just before the couple stepped in and our table was the noisiest as they walked the red carpet.

We were seated with some of our other SHATEC classmates namely Sophia, Josephine, Rebecca and Calisa, it was good seeing them again and reminiscing about school. During dinner we decided it was time for a class reunion and Josephine has been tasked with organising this.

After the 1st course, me, Rena and Jane's colleague Marilyn followed Jane up to the suite to help her change for the second walk-in. Her dress was a wine-coloured silk and it did cross our minds to play "Lady in Red" when she re-entered the ballroom but the song was a little slow and it would have been so cliched.


We made it back to our seats in time to see the highlights of the tea-ceremony played on the big screen. It was pretty funny even though I hated how I looked!

The rest of the dinner was pretty uneventful, we went on stage during the yum seng bit and gave the 'brothers' a run for their money in terms of loudness. Albert made a very short thank you speech and after that, they made their rounds for photo-taking.


Our table made them a special concoction which they only got to drink after everyone had vacated the ballroom. It was quite gross, a combination of red wine, beer, tea and a raw egg. Bleeuggh! We also made them kiss as long as we yum-senged and then after that, we all called it a night.

Silly Nick forgot to take out his cashcard when exiting the carpark...I had 2 complimentary coupons on me!

I can't believe it's all over already, am still recovering from Monday's tea ceremony! Don't know when the next wedding will be...but I love weddings!

Jane, I know you're reading so big hug and congratulations! Thanks for including me in your bridal party and hurry up and make some companions for Nat and Gabriel soon ok?
Heh heh.

No comments: