October 14, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good...

Nickypoo came back early Sunday morning and walked in the front door just as I was feeding Nat in the room. I told him not to come in because I knew once she was distracted by him, she wouldn't finish the milk, but having been away from his munchkin for over 10 days, he couldn't help himself.

And her reaction was priceless! She stopped drinking as expected, and at first she didn't recognise him and stared for a while, all confused. Then he started talking to her and her eyes lit up and she got all excited, giving him a big grin before holding her hands up to be carried. When he scooped her in his arms, she couldn't stop smiling and looked blissfully content.

I could just picture them running in slow motion to each other! Like some star-crossed lovers who beat the odds...

Me and Arlyn became chopped liver after that, for she wouldn't come to us when we held out our hands...all she wanted was Daddy - typical Daddy's little girl!

No comments: