...Nat and Gigi for being such actresses as they turn 29 and 22 months respectively!


This past month, they have been falling to their knees very easily at the slightest reprimand. If you scold them for doing something they weren't supposed to do, they would pretend to fall and in an injured voice complete with quivering lips try to gain sympathy by saying, "I fall down, I fall down" as a means to distract from their bad behaviour! But they didn't fool us and have since given up!
From not wanting to sit in the stroller or walk on her own, Nat has made a u-turn and is starting to display some independence. Now everything is, "I do myself" or "I walk myself". Am so glad I don't have to lug her much these days, she willingly walks most places and occasionally agrees to use the stroller, but she prefers Gigi's Peg Perego that Natasha has been using over her Lulu Guinness Maclaren but the point is she can be persuaded to sit and walk now, coincidentally after I stopped insisting she do so. Guess she wanted to do things her way and didn't like being told what to do!


Even when it comes to feeding, she keeps wanting to feed herself so I encourage her whenever the food is not something too soupy. Likewise, she insists on brushing her own teeth, but usually she'll just suck and swallow the toothpaste so I brush for her first, then she practices herself. She's had some success on the potty, requesting to sit on it the last couple of days and actually pooping 3 times on it. Progress!
She's not independent when it comes to sleep though. Instead of crying in the middle of the night, she now drags her pillows and blanket and stealthily enters our room at odd hours and climbs into the bed herself without making a peep. Nick almost kicked her once, not knowing she had sneaked in.
The phrase of the month has been, "Gimme some" in a very 'teh'-like manner whenever we're eating something she hasn't tried. And when she gets her way, she'll say, "Thank you, welcome!" saving us the trouble of saying 'You're welcome'. Conversations are two-ways, kids really do say the darnedest things. Previously when someone wanted to talk to her on the phone, she would be mute, just listening to the other party and not answering questions. But now she answers back. Sometimes she'll just grab any phone and pretend to answer it by going 'hi'.



She's getting observant and absorbs words and phrases like a sponge. When she spotted some dirt on the bathroom floor this morning, she went, "So dirty over there. Aunty Wendy need to clean the toilet." She also bosses Gigi around, beckoning her with, "Gigi, come I tie your hair nicely". She's curious in the kitchen, now she takes a stool to see what Wendy does at the sink or counters. Kaypoh lah this girl!


Her favourite CD in the car now is the Sound of Music soundtrack, she loves 'So long, Farewell' and 'Do Re Mi'. She tries to sing along in church for the Amens and Hallelujahs, clasping her hands in prayer when she sees Nick doing so. So 'on the ball' and holy!
Nick signed her up for another term at JWT Kids Gym, there was a promotion so she has 11 sessions to complete. Wonder if her new-found independence and confidence is a result of the gym activities? She's definitely a little less shy and clingy these days when meeting new people, taking less time to warm up.
Gigi has joined the 'gym' too. She had no shyness or anything at the first session, getting into the swing of things immediately.


She and Nat can't get enough of each other, wanting to stay at each others' houses.
Her sentences are growing e.g. "I pee pee so much" or "Wow, flower shirt. So nice", "Natnat wear shoes now!", "I go papa's house/playground", "I don't want this shoe.".
She still calls me mummy sometimes, proclaiming she has 2 mummies and pointing to me and Swana. Her pooping might have improved slightly, less reliant on suppositories.
She's always looking for a place to hide. If it's not climbing into a drawer, she's hiding in cupboards, influencing Nat at the same time.


They both copy each other and lately like to remove their clothes and streak around the house, much to our exasperation!
This past month, they have been falling to their knees very easily at the slightest reprimand. If you scold them for doing something they weren't supposed to do, they would pretend to fall and in an injured voice complete with quivering lips try to gain sympathy by saying, "I fall down, I fall down" as a means to distract from their bad behaviour! But they didn't fool us and have since given up!
From not wanting to sit in the stroller or walk on her own, Nat has made a u-turn and is starting to display some independence. Now everything is, "I do myself" or "I walk myself". Am so glad I don't have to lug her much these days, she willingly walks most places and occasionally agrees to use the stroller, but she prefers Gigi's Peg Perego that Natasha has been using over her Lulu Guinness Maclaren but the point is she can be persuaded to sit and walk now, coincidentally after I stopped insisting she do so. Guess she wanted to do things her way and didn't like being told what to do!
Even when it comes to feeding, she keeps wanting to feed herself so I encourage her whenever the food is not something too soupy. Likewise, she insists on brushing her own teeth, but usually she'll just suck and swallow the toothpaste so I brush for her first, then she practices herself. She's had some success on the potty, requesting to sit on it the last couple of days and actually pooping 3 times on it. Progress!
She's not independent when it comes to sleep though. Instead of crying in the middle of the night, she now drags her pillows and blanket and stealthily enters our room at odd hours and climbs into the bed herself without making a peep. Nick almost kicked her once, not knowing she had sneaked in.
The phrase of the month has been, "Gimme some" in a very 'teh'-like manner whenever we're eating something she hasn't tried. And when she gets her way, she'll say, "Thank you, welcome!" saving us the trouble of saying 'You're welcome'. Conversations are two-ways, kids really do say the darnedest things. Previously when someone wanted to talk to her on the phone, she would be mute, just listening to the other party and not answering questions. But now she answers back. Sometimes she'll just grab any phone and pretend to answer it by going 'hi'.
She's getting observant and absorbs words and phrases like a sponge. When she spotted some dirt on the bathroom floor this morning, she went, "So dirty over there. Aunty Wendy need to clean the toilet." She also bosses Gigi around, beckoning her with, "Gigi, come I tie your hair nicely". She's curious in the kitchen, now she takes a stool to see what Wendy does at the sink or counters. Kaypoh lah this girl!
Her favourite CD in the car now is the Sound of Music soundtrack, she loves 'So long, Farewell' and 'Do Re Mi'. She tries to sing along in church for the Amens and Hallelujahs, clasping her hands in prayer when she sees Nick doing so. So 'on the ball' and holy!
Nick signed her up for another term at JWT Kids Gym, there was a promotion so she has 11 sessions to complete. Wonder if her new-found independence and confidence is a result of the gym activities? She's definitely a little less shy and clingy these days when meeting new people, taking less time to warm up.
Gigi has joined the 'gym' too. She had no shyness or anything at the first session, getting into the swing of things immediately.
She and Nat can't get enough of each other, wanting to stay at each others' houses.
Her sentences are growing e.g. "I pee pee so much" or "Wow, flower shirt. So nice", "Natnat wear shoes now!", "I go papa's house/playground", "I don't want this shoe.".
She still calls me mummy sometimes, proclaiming she has 2 mummies and pointing to me and Swana. Her pooping might have improved slightly, less reliant on suppositories.
She's always looking for a place to hide. If it's not climbing into a drawer, she's hiding in cupboards, influencing Nat at the same time.
They both copy each other and lately like to remove their clothes and streak around the house, much to our exasperation!
1 comment:
Hahahahahaha! The last picture of them with their feet sticking out is REALLY cute. Awwww....
Post a Comment