July 1, 2010

The kitten and her mittens

The pumpkin turned 3 months today, which means I go back to work in about 3 weeks! Might even have to go back a little earlier because of a regional kick-off.



Aaargh, so much for all the grand plans I had to accomplish many outstanding tasks like organising/printing my photos, creating several photobooks, clearing my Yahoo inbox of 5000+ messages, clearing my office mail of a gazillion messages and organising folders etc...can I cite no time as an excuse? The ongoing World Cup doesn't help either!

Seriously with 2 kids in the house, sometimes 3, I don't have the luxury of sitting uninterrupted at the laptop for even 15 mins. If it's not one, it's the other demanding attention or climbing onto my lap. And when they nap, I nap.

I think for the next couple of weeks, I am going to cart Nat off to Membina, wean her off me being at home during the day and let me enjoy some quality time with Sasha, who has been sadly neglected I must admit. I hardly play with her, doesn't help that she still sleeps all the time. Have not been giving her tummy time, or exercising her limbs, nor strengthening neck muscles. Bad mother!

When I do play with her, Nat and Gigi will gatecrash and want in on the action but they are rough without realising it and I feel sorry for the pumpkin who gets poked, prodded, knocked and elbowed.


At 3 months, Natasha is more or less on a 3hr schedule, drinking about 80-90mls seven times a day and only waking once around 4.30 am to feed. She sleeps about 80% of the time but is starting to stay awake for longer periods now.

She's getting all smiley, flashing you a toothless grin when you 'chat' with her. Melts my heart. She can coo, squeal and laugh, she has a dimple and her double eyelids have decided to put in an appearance. Sometimes she'll sigh or grunt, or pout her lips and make little noises as if complaining. She hardly cries, only when extremely hungry or frightened by loud noises or in pain.







She's got a case of cradle cap, something I never experienced with Nat. Her scalp is really dry and starting to flake, so I oil occasionally to get rid of the scaly patches. In addition to outgrowing her skin, she's outgrown a lot of rompers, especially those meant for 3 month olds. This morning she had a jab and her latest weight is around 5.8kg, she's almost doubled her birth weight.


Her face rash is on and off, depending on how much she sucks her mittens. I have a sucker on my hands, I think she has already started teething because I can feel some soreness on her gums and when not sleepy or hungry, she still sucks her hands, so I succumbed to the pacifier a couple of weeks ago. It was either the pacifier or changing mittens every 10 mins!

My little rugrat also has a cute way of falling asleep, Nick likens it to a kitten. She will flail her arms and swipe at her own face before gradually covering her eyes with her mitten-clad hands, as if blocking out the light or playing peekaboo. I hardly rock or pat her to sleep nowadays, just leave her on the bed with the pacifier and she will fall asleep by herself using the above method.




Her head is quite obviously 'senget'. Her left side is flat while the right is more rounded. Bought a dimpled pillow but I think it might be too late for that. Oh well, her hair ought to cover it up when she's older. Her current fluffy hair reminds me a little of Conan O'Brien, do you see the similarity? :-)


No comments: